When it comes to paying a company to build your home, it is very important that you make sure that everything meets your needs and wants.
Building a new home in Vancouver, BC should not be taken lightly. You are paying a lot for the house so you need to make sure that you hire a reliable, reputable, fast, and talented company to build your dream home.
As a consumer, you need to make sure they pay attention to detail. It is very important that the company you choose work with you and explain the entire process to your new home. You can also find a trusted full-service construction company in Vancouver, BC.
Image Source: Google
Some things to look for are:
1. Windows and Doors – All windows and doors must open and close completely without creaking and without sticking or jamming.
2. Foundation – There should be no major cracks, very small cracks are fine, but anything really visible can indicate potential future problems with your foundation.
3. Siding – there should be fine lines, even color, holes filled, everything should be streamlined, without accumulation or swelling.
4. Drywall – without seams, you shouldn't be able to see where the new drywall sheet starts. If you can see things like stitches or bumps, the company hasn't done much professional work.
5. Ceiling – Always check the ceiling for dark spots or stains that might indicate a leak in the roof.
6. Floors – Floors shouldn't creak anywhere in your new home; The creaking of the floor indicates careless laying of the floor.
7. Stairs – All stairs in your home should be the same and the same height. An uneven stride poses a high risk of injury.
8. Color – All colors should be even, smooth and even. Your house will look very messy otherwise.